If you have an unhealthy body mass index due to any medical condition or genetic reasons, and you have exhausted all the normal ways of losing weight such as dieting and exercise, you may be advised to get a silicon balloon implanted inside your stomach. The Gastric Balloon in Riyadh & Saudi Arabia that is employed to indirectly trigger weight loss has two potential implications:
- It reduces the capacity of the stomach thus leading to less consumption of food and
- It slows down the influx of food into the stomach resulting in a person feeling full in less time with less food.
This technique is reversible and can easily be corrected if something happens during or after the surgery. Not only does it produce extraordinary results but it’s also relatively less expensive.
Aim of Treatment:
The primary objective of the treatment of this procedure is to trigger weight loss. The weight may have been increased by any medical condition or genetic reasons. However, this procedure doesn’t directly treat the condition but instead focuses on an indirect way of causing the loss of weight.
An intra-gastric balloon inside one’s stomach makes one feel full faster and slows down the influx of food into the stomach by reducing the capacity of the stomach. Based on some preliminary estimates, it is reported that individuals carrying intra-gastric balloons inside their body tend to lose 15-20 percent of their total body weight during the first six months of the treatment. Moreover, the total body weight loss figures around 45-50 % of the weight in excess.
This kind of treatment is beneficial for a variety of reasons.
- Firstly, it doesn’t require any cuts or incisions thus reducing the chance of infection or other related complications.
- Secondly, this procedure is reversible as you can get the balloon removed at any point in your life.
- Thirdly, this is relatively less expensive as compared to other treatments.
- Finally, the downtime is very short and you can continue your normal life after 1-2 days.
If you have a BMI between 30 and 40, you’re a potential candidate for this treatment. Besides this, you need not have undergone any stomach-related surgery before this procedure. Also, you are required to commit to changing your lifestyle so that better results can be achieved.
During the initial consultation for the Gastric Balloon in Riyadh, Jeddah & Saudi Arabia, which is the first step on the path to weight loss, our certified surgeons thoroughly describe the entire treatment and conduct all essential tests to assess the patient’s fitness. Discussing your medical history and weight loss objectives with the surgeon is essential to ensuring that this is the right course of action. Following the initial examination, the doctor designs a personalized treatment plan based on the patient’s needs and current condition.
The procedure is relatively very simple and takes less than an hour to carry out after which the individual can go back to their daily routine. The procedure is carried out without the need for any anesthesia.
An experienced doctor performs the endoscopic procedure for the treatment. The balloon occupies about a third of the stomach, making it easier for the user to eat smaller meals and maintain their diet.
- A capsule with a catheter connected is provided to the patient to ingest with water.
- The patient merely experiences a little discomfort as the capsule travels down the esophagus. There is no endoscopic procedure necessary
- The doctor uses an X-ray to determine where the balloon is in the stomach after the patient has swallowed the capsule.
- The balloon is located, inflated, and saline-filled so that it covers one-third of the patient’s stomach.
- The balloon is then checked for accuracy of inflation with a second X-ray.
Following the therapy, the recovery process is quick. The individual can continue their regular activities for about 15 minutes after the placement. However, in the days that follow, they may have some negative effects, such as nausea. As per the general directions of the surgeon, you might have to avoid eating solid foods for a few days and refrain from engaging in any extreme activities.
Slight pain and nausea are the common sides- effects of this treatment which appear right after the procedure. However, these side effects are normal and short-lived. In rare cases, the balloon might suffer deflation or overinflation which would require a doctor’s intervention.
Cost of Gastric Balloon Riyadh:
The average cost for Gastric balloons in Riyadh, Jeddah & Saudi Arabia ranges from SAR 14,000 to SAR 21,000. The final price of the treatment is determined by the doctor after taking into account all the variable that defines the cost. These include the technique adopted by the doctor, their experience, clinic’s level, and location.
Book a Free Appointment!
The skilled medical professionals at the Enfield Royal Clinic carry out the greatest and most efficient treatments and operations. Contact our experts or visit our clinic to learn more about gastric treatment. You can also fill out the form below to schedule a free first consultation.