Moles are skin outgrowths that appear weirdly on different parts of the body. They could either be harmless or not depending upon their nature and composition. If a lesion is cancerous, one needs to have it removed immediately. However, harmless growths could also cause some trouble. For example, their appearance on the face, neck, or hand could seriously affect how one looks or it could rub against your clothes and become a permanent source of irritation. Either way, it’s always advisable to have your skin outgrowths removed from your body.
Sometimes, people employ home-based remedies to remove skin outgrowths. For example, Burning, freezing, or cutting off the outgrowth with a knife or scissor, may sound tempting but they are extremely unsafe and could create serious problems. In this context, surgical procedures employed to remove moles under the supervision of expert surgeons offer a safer and more reliable alternative. Mole Removal in Riyadh, Jeddah & Saudi Arabia is the treatment that helps to permanently remove the appearance of moles.
What are Moles?
When the pigment-causing cells known as melanocytes grow in a single spot in the cluster, it causes the formation of skin lesions. These cells are otherwise distributed all over the skin providing an even skin tone to the individual. It is generally harmless and does not affect the health of a person.
Aim of Removal:
The procedure for the removal of these aims to remove the outgrowths and leave the skin clear and smooth. It saves the individual from other potential consequences (of home-based remedies) and averts the recurrence of those outgrowths. In this scenario, this procedure is the safest way of removing n outgrowth.
Through the procedure, the patient’s cosmetic issues are corrected. After the procedure, the skin is left fair, clean, and mole-free. In the case of surgical removal, the final results won’t be seen until after the healing process is complete. Results with non-surgical removal therapy, however, are seen once the sessions are finished.
- The cosmetic needs of the individual are addressed
- It boosts the person’s confidence
- The recipient’s self-esteem is also increased
- It makes the person more comfortable with themselves and their appearance
- The chances of regrowth are significantly reduced
- The appearance of the person is improved
- The skin becomes clear and smooth
- The therapy is safe with no pain or discomfort
Any person who feels uncomfortable due to the presence of lesions can get treatment for Mole Removal in Riyadh, Jeddah & Saudi Arabia. The dermatologist first carries out a thorough checkup to confirm the individual’s eligibility for the treatment. It is important to see if the patient is free from any condition or disease that may affect the procedure and the results or cause any complications.
When to See a Doctor?
It is essential to go see a doctor if:
- A new outgrowth emerges that seems different or weird in any way
- The current lesion starts changing its shape or color
- Any spot that starts to irritate or itch
- An old growth starts to bleed or crust
The preparation is usually simple. The dermatologist provides a list of instructions to follow before the treatment. These may vary from patient to patient depending on their current condition and the treatment option chosen. The instructions may include:
- Stay hydrated
- Stop taking blood thinning medications
- Keep the treatment area clean
- Avoid sun exposure
- Do not apply any chemical-containing product or makeup
- Stop taking herbal supplements or multivitamins
After a detailed discussion with the patient and a thorough initial checkup, the dermatologist decides on the best possible option. These options are all listed below
It is one of the most effective and safe procedures to get rid of unwanted moles on the skin. The dermatologist uses liquid nitrogen to freeze and remove the growths on the skin. It is a non-invasive therapy that requires one or more sessions to get the desired results.
The surgeon separates the outgrowth from the surrounding skin with a scalpel after disinfecting and numbing the region. Depending on its nature, a margin of skin tissue is taken to make sure all of the abnormal cells are eliminated.
Lasers can be used to eliminate certain lesions. Flat and non-cancerous moles are the most typical type of this procedure. The doctor utilizes quick pulses of light radiation during laser excision to burn the cells. Two or three sessions may be required for laser therapy to eliminate them completely.
The dermatologist provides certain guidelines to the recipients on how to care for the treated area(s).
- They are advised to keep the region clean and dry at all times to reduce the risk and chances of infection.
- The skin is also to be protected from high UV rays of the sun and sunscreen with a high sun protection factor should be used.
- Any kind of chemical-containing products should be avoided until recovery is complete.
- The ointment provided by the doctor should be applied according to the prescription.
If the procedure is carried out by an inexperienced dermatologist, there is a risk of the following side effects.
Cost of Mole Removal Riyadh:
The average cost for Mole Removal in Mole Removal in Riyadh & Saudi Arabia starts from AED 299. The cost is mainly influenced by the type of procedure the individual select, the quantity, and the nature of the outgrowths they wish to have removed. For the most accurate cost estimate for the procedure, consult a dermatologist.
Request a Free Appointment!
To book a free appointment at the Enfield Royal Clinic with the best Dermatologist in Riyadh, fill up and submit the form provided below.