Laser treatment for hair removal is a cosmetic procedure that uses a laser to destroy the hair follicles, which prevents the hair from growing back. It is a popular option for people who want to remove unwanted hair from areas such as the face, legs, arms, and underarms. Laser hair removal is typically performed by a trained healthcare professional in a medical office or salon setting. The procedure is generally quick and relatively painless, with most people experiencing only mild discomfort. The treatment is generally considered to be safe and effective treatment, but it is important to follow the instructions of a trained healthcare professional to minimize any potential side effects or complications. Continue reading to know all about Laser Hair Removal in Riyadh Saudi Arabia.
Results of Laser Hair Removal:
The results of laser hair removal vary from person to person, but most people experience a significant reduction in the amount of hair on the treated area. Some people may achieve complete permanent hair removal, while others may need to undergo several treatment sessions to achieve their desired results. The effectiveness of laser treatment depends on several factors, including the type of laser used, the color and thickness of the hair, and the color of the skin.
- Laser is typically more effective on people with light skin and dark hair, as the laser is attracted to the pigment in the hair. People with darker skin may require more treatments or a different type of laser to achieve the same results.
- The treatment is most effective on dark hair. It is less effective on light hair, such as blonde, red, or grey hair, as the laser is attracted to the pigment in the hair.
- Certain medications, such as isotretinoin (Accutane) and photosensitizing medications may make a person more sensitive to the laser and increase the risk of side effects.
- Laser hair removal is generally not recommended for women who are pregnant or nursing.
- Some medical conditions, such as skin disorders or a history of keloid scarring, may make a person more prone to side effects or complications from laser hair removal.
A consultation will be carried out to assess the kind of skin, the structure of the hair, and the expected outcomes before starting a hair-removal laser procedure. The expert will next determine if the person is a good candidate, after which they will carry out the laser process. Once the treatment is decided, certain guidelines are provided to the individual to prepare for the laser treatment. These include:
- It’s important to avoid tanning or using self-tanning products for at least two weeks before your laser hair removal treatment. This is because the laser targets the pigment in the hair, and a tan can interfere with the laser’s ability to accurately target the hair follicles.
- You’ll need to shave the treatment area before your laser hair removal appointment. This is because the laser targets the hair shaft, so if the hair is too long, it may not be as effective.
- Some medications, such as Accutane, can make your skin more sensitive to laser treatment. If you’re taking any medications, be sure to let your laser hair removal provider know so they can determine if it’s safe for you to have the treatment.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing to your laser hair removal appointment to make it easier for the provider to access the treatment area.
- For Laser Hair Removal in Riyadh Saudi Arabia, the skincare expert first cleans the area to get rid of any makeup, products, or skin debris.
- After that, spectacles are given to the person to wear all through the procedure.
- Clinical experts also put on protective glasses to shield their eyes from radiation.
- The dermatologist next treats the skin with laser therapy. It could feel like multiple bee stings combined. Some claim it has the sensation of an elastic band splitting across the skin.
- Depending on how large the region is that needs to be treated, the procedure could take a few minutes or even an hour.
- There can be smoke and burned hair in the air. This typically refers to the laser’s radiation that removes hair.
After your laser hair removal treatment, your provider will give you instructions on how to care for the treated area. It’s important to follow these instructions carefully to ensure the best possible results. Here are some general aftercare guidelines to follow after laser hair removal:
- It is important to avoid direct sun exposure on the treated area for at least two weeks after the procedure. Wear protective clothing and use broad-spectrum sunscreen with a high SPF to protect your skin from UV rays.
- Avoid activities that cause heavy sweating for at least 24 hours after the procedure. Sweating can irritate the treated area and increase the risk of infection.
- Avoid hot water on the treated area for at least 24 hours after the procedure. Hot water can irritate and increase the risk of infection.
- Do not pick or scratch the treated area, as this can cause irritation and increase the risk of infection.
- Applying cold compresses to the treated area can help reduce swelling and discomfort.
- Your healthcare provider may recommend using certain aftercare products, such as aloe vera or hydrocortisone cream, to help soothe the treated area and reduce swelling.
The treatment is generally considered to be safe and effective treatment, but it is important to follow the instructions of a trained healthcare professional to minimize any potential side effects or complications. Some common side effects of laser hair removal include redness, swelling, and mild discomfort at the treatment site, but these usually resolve within a few hours or days.
Cost of Laser Hair Removal:
The average cost of Laser Hair Removal in Riyadh Saudi Arabia may range from SAR 8,99 to SAR 11,99 per session. This cost varies for each individual depending on several factors like the size of the area being treated, the texture of the hair, and the expected outcomes. All these are taken into consideration when determining the estimated cost.
Request a Free Consultation!
You can request a free initial appointment with the consultants at the Enfield Royal Clinic by submitting the form provided below.